Saturday, October 9, 2010

Re-enacting the SS

This story isn't going to help the GOP take the House:
An election year already notable for its menagerie of extreme and unusual candidates can add another one: Rich Iott, the Republican nominee for Congress from Ohio's 9th District, and a Tea Party favorite, who for years donned a German Waffen SS uniform and participated in Nazi re-enactments.

Iott, whose district lies in Northwest Ohio, was involved with a group that calls itself Wiking, whose members are devoted to re-enacting the exploits of an actual Nazi division, the 5th SS Panzer Division Wiking, which fought mainly on the Eastern Front during World War II.
What interesting hobbies some people have.

I confess that until I read this story, from Josh Green at the Atlantic, I did not know that there were Nazi re-enactors in the US. But I suppose I should have guessed.

No comments: