Thursday, April 25, 2013

More on the Black Guerrilla Family Scandal

Baltimore Sun reporter Dan Rodricks tried to talk to the warden of the Baltimore City jail about the arrests of a bunch of inmates and guards on corruption charges. According to the indictment, gang leader Tavon White had five children by four guards, and once boasted, "This is my jail":
Ricky Foxwell is listed as acting administrator of the detention center. So I called over there and asked to speak with him.
 "You can't just call over here like this," said the man who answered the phone.
"Why not?" I asked.
"You can't just call here and expect to speak directly to the warden."
OK, then, maybe I should ask for Tavon White? Is he still in charge?
The man, who sounded a little aggravated, told me to call a number for "public relations." So I called that number and got a voice mail.

No comments: