Wednesday, June 18, 2014

In Which Glenn Beck says I was Right about Iraq

From the beginning, most people on the left were against going into Iraq. I wasn’t. At the time I believed that the United States was under threat from Saddam Hussein. I really truly believed that Saddam Hussein was funding terrorists. . . .  In spite of the things I felt at the time when we went into war, liberals said: We shouldn’t get involved. We shouldn’t nation-build. And there was no indication the people of Iraq had the will to be free. I thought that was insulting at the time. Everybody wants to be free. They said we couldn’t force freedom on people. Let me lead with my mistakes. You are right. Liberals, you were right. We shouldn’t have.

--Glenn Beck
This puts him above Cheney, Wolfowitz, Tony Blair, the Kagans, and all the rest who still refuse to admit the invasion was a mistake. Take that, guys: Glenn Beck is more honest and less crazy than you are.

My 2002 thoughts on this disaster here and here, in case anyone is curious.

No comments: